The course provides basic & advanced knowledge of Revit API programming, combined with modern WPF interface. Thereby, helping you master the API Revit to improve working efficiency with BIM & Revit.
- I am Dang Le Quan. Founder & Developer of Q’Apps – BIM Tools for Revit. Download link: https://revitapivietnam.com/download
- Having experience Revit API tutorials for over 20 colleagues in leading construction companies: Structures Vietnam(member of VINCI Construction Group), Novaland Group.
- Having experience Revit API tutorials since 2019, with more than 50 students.
- Currently working at BIM - Novaland Group.
- Contact phone number: +84975524898
- Highlight products:
- Auto Join – Auto Switch Join Order: https://youtu.be/7dbNlxdD99Q
- Data synchronization between Excel and Revit:
- Calculating formwork area:
- Create Rebar shapes for schedule tables: https://youtu.be/u3fWZIIvsXA
- Tools for Rebar:
- Tools for Modeling from AutoCAD:
- Automatic numbering and control numbers for Rebar: https://youtu.be/TWRrGwQVzk8
- Automatically create mark for elements: https://youtu.be/wCxIXEDU_Q8
- Tools for View & Sheet:
- See more on Youtube channel: https://bit.ly/QAppsGuideline
- The course provides essential knowledge BASIC - ADVANCED, using WPF platform to create user interface. Therefore, helping students become BIM Programmer for Autodesk Revit software.
- The curriculum was compiled based on experience developing toolkits Q’Apps – BIM Tools for Revit of instructor.
- The course will help you master the basics of Revit API Programming such as:
- Master the correct and simple on Revit API programming way with C # and WPF.
- Understand how to analyze and research new math, problems and ideas.
- Know how to publish Add-ins on Autodesk App Store, basic code security, how to use complex WPF controls, how to use Events in combination with WPF, ...
- Participate in the "STUDENTS" group - Where members share and support a lot of knowledges about programming the Revit API.
- Programming Revit API with WPF will help you:
- Automate repetitive manual job without ending.
- Speed up your everyday work with Revit.
- Do jobs that can't be done by normally ways.
- Create tools with an intuitive interface, using the WPF platform.
- There are more career opportunities with good remuneration in the BIM - Revit era.
- Take Revit API programming into a daily passion.
- See assessment of trainees: https://bit.ly/QAppsReviews
LESSON 1: HELLO REVIT API
- Install and instruct the programming support tools.
- Install and use the programming Template.
- Introducing the Revit SDK.
- Introducing the Revit API code for reference.
- Introducing the organization of a Solution in Revit API programming by Visual Studio.
- Practice Hello Revit API:
- Introduce the types of Add-ins in the Revit API and how to register for Add-ins in Revit.
- How to debug types of Add-in in Revit API.
- Practice Picking an object, showing the object's information.
- Start Revit, show "Hello Revit API" on screen.
- The most necessary C# instructions:
- Data type & Declare a global variable, a local variable.
- Class in C#.
- Static keywords for property and method.
- Foreach loop.
- While loop, while (true).
- Branching structure: If else.
- Branching structure: Switch case.
- Introduction about the WPF platform.
LESSON 2: SELECTION – FILTERING
- Students will learn all the different ways to SELECT - FILTER objects. This is the first step for you to design your ideas:
- How to retrieve previously selected objects.
- Pick object. Using ISelectionFilter to select the objects that you want.
- How to use FilteredElementCollector.
- How to apply kinds of Filter to filter objects.
- Practicing pick to copy Texnote value from Import CAD into Element.
- How to use Transaction, TransactionGroup.
- How to use the while (true) loop of C#.
- Additional exercise:
- Calculate the total length of the selected Walls.
- Demo lesson: https://bit.ly/TrialLesson02
LESSON 3: PARAMETER - SHARE PARAMETER - INTRODUCTION WPF
- How to Get - Set the parameter of the object in the default way.
- How to use the ParameterUtils library of Q’Apps help Get - Set general parameter.
- Using the keyword "static" for class C#.
- Using the keyword "this" to create extension methods.
- Using the code of the Q’Apps library helps to quickly create Share Parameter.
- Practicing create WPF interface, help to transfer the parameter selected:
- Introducing the 3-steps simulation of designing Add-ins with WPF, developed by Q’Apps.
- How to binding data from WPF interface into behind code.
- How to use StackPanel, DockPanel, Grid Panel, ComboBox, RadioButton, TextBlock, TextBox.
- Additional exercise:
- Create the WPF interface that allows entering the Top Elevation value for the selected Beams.
LESSON 4: PRACTICING CREATE 2 ADD-INS: AUTO JOIN + Copy series of Text into Element.
- Achievement: https://bit.ly/381sSAf
- Through practicing Add-in Auto Join, you will learn:
- How to use BoundingBoxIntersectsFilter to check Intersect of objects.
- How to use IFailuresPreprocessor to handle warnings.
- Through the practice of Add-in Copy Multi Text, you will learn:
- Automatically copy series of TextNote from imported CAD into parameter of elements.
- How to check 2 objects colliding in 2D view.
- How to use WPF ProgressBar bar to show the process of processing.
LESSON 5: PRACTICING CREATE OBJECT
- Learn about the concepts of Category, Family, Family Symbol, Family Instance in Revit API.
- How to create Annotation objects: How to create Grid, Level, Dimension, Tag.
→ Application automatically dim for grid system.
- How to create 3D objects: how to create Columns, Walls, Beams, Floors, Pipe, Duct, Door, Window.
- How to binding data to ComboBox WPF, , allows automatically creating Beams with input dimensions from users.
LESSON 6: PRACTICING CREATE ELEMENTS FROM AUTOCAD LINK
- Learn about Geometry of AutoCAD file link.
- Learn about Geometry of elements in Revit.
- Review how to use the WPF ProgressBar bar to show progress of processing.
- See achievement at: https://bit.ly/32RwVvQ
LESSON 7: PRACTICING CREATE ADD-IN PURGE VIEW - DirectShape
- How to use DataGrid control of WPF. See achievement at: https://youtu.be/sudh03FQ8ts
- How to create visual geometric objects using DirectShape.
LESSON 8: PRACTICING CREATE WPF INTERFACE TO HELP RENAME VIEW
- See achievement at: https://youtu.be/dxuyj8dbGXY
- Through this practice, trainee will learn:
- How to use TreeView control, DataGrid control of WPF.
- How to create a new class, inheriting the existing classes of the Revit API.
- How to use the auto update feature of WPF
- How to use the collection type ObservableCollection in C#.
LESSON 9: Dynamic Model Update
- How to create the 2nd Add-in type of Revit: External Application.
- How to debug External Application.
- Practicing create Add-ins that automatically assign values to parameters for newly created objects.
See achievement at: https://youtu.be/BNjFf07RIj0
LESSON 10: PRACTICING SOME OTHER ADD-INS
- Select all elements with the same Level/Category as the selected elements.
- Creating the WPF interface, which allows selecting parameters to calculate the total parameter value of the pre-selected elements.
- Create a concrete lining for a series of foundations, help you review the Geometry object and is the foundation for automatically creating Floor from AutoCAD.
See achievement at: https://youtu.be/TXsrWCEdlWg
- Use the while loop (true) to calculate the total area of the selected Face, support QS work.
See achievement at: https://youtu.be/wwxlSTxrbf0
LESSON 11: CREATING RIBBON - INTRODUCING REVIT MACRO
- Using the code of the Q’Apps library create a personal Ribbon.
- How to create icon for the Ribbon.
- Know how to use Revit Macro to quickly create tools when your computer doesn't have Visual Studio installed.
LESSON 12: PUBLISH ADD-INS ON AUTODESK APP STORE
- How to organize the files to meet the requirements of the Autodesk App Store.
- How to secure .dll file basically.
- How to pack the setup file.
- Visit Autodesk App Store of Q’Apps:
TIME & TUITION
- The number of lessons: 12 Lessons + advanced share lesson after the course.
- The cost of course: USD 250 $
- Extra discount of USD 10 $/trainee when registering a group of 2 or more trainees.
- 10% commission on tuition for former students recommending the course.
INFORMATION OF TRANSACTION:
1. Bank account:
- Bank account number: 0071001197015
- Account name: Dang Le Quan
- Bank: Vietcombank
- Branch: Ho Chi Minh City
- Content of transfer: Full Name - Revit API QApps